Make Learning Through Play Possible!
Volunteering is a great opportunity to support our mission of creating a community where children, newborn through age 8, and their grown-ups learn through play. As a volunteer, you will play a very important role in determining the quality of each visitor's experience at the Children's Museum.
Families and groups are always welcome to volunteer!
- Opportunity to provide a positive impact on the families and children of our community
- Gain knowledge of early childhood education techniques and theories
- Socialize and network with staff and fellow volunteers with similar interests
- 20% discount on all food and beverages in Eat Street Café
- 20% discount in the Museum Gift Shop
- Invitation to annual volunteer appreciation event
- Free parking
- Individuals must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer unless accompanied by an adult guardian
- All volunteer candidates must complete an application and undergo a background check
- The Children’s Museum of Denver does not accept court-ordered community service volunteers
- We gladly accept school-appointed community service and ISP hours based on availability
To register to volunteer with us, click here. Once you're registered, please follow the links to sign up for a specific event.
Bunny Trail EggVenture
Saturday, April 4
Volunteers make this the most hippety hoppity event of its kind in Denver! They help families enjoy a variety of “eggsploration stations,” including egg-dyeing, craft projects and a chance to meet and take photos with our mascot.
Growing Scientists Family Night
Tuesday, April 21
Growing Scientists is our STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) collaborative, serving more than 1500 Denver and Adams County Title 1 school children, their teachers and families. This is a special night where the Museum stays open late just for students and their families! Volunteers assist with art projects, encourage play in the exhibits, and help serve pizza and beverages.
Target Tuesday Nights
Through Target's generous sponsorship of the Children's Museum of Denver, families can play for FREE the first Tuesday evening of each month from 4 to 8 p.m. We are looking for education exhibit volunteers who will interact with CMD members and guests (kids and adults) and encourage play in our various Museum exhibits. Volunteer shifts are from 4 to 8:30 p.m.
The Accessibility Playologist volunteer is responsible for facilitating activities, engaging with guests, keeping exhibit spaces organized and inviting during Accessibility events. Playologist volunteers gain hands-on experience helping children and families with disabilities engage in meaningful play-based learning. Volunteers have the opportunity to collaborate with education staff to enhance programming designed for Access and Inclusion in the museum. Volunteers Must be at least 18 years of age and attend a Staff Accessibility Training. Shifts are Saturday Mornings (bimonthly) 7:30am-10:30 am
We have wonderful internships in Education, Exhibits, Marketing and more throughout the year! Check out our Jobs Page to see what's available today!