Guest Services Associate
The Children’s Museum of Denver has an opening for a part time Guest Services Associate to help ensure a positive experience for all members and guests of the Museum.
FLSA Status: Part-time 20 hours a week, Non-exempt
Wage: $9 per hour
Flexible. Must be available to work weekends and holidays. Must be available to work more hours, when needed, for events and school breaks.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Heavy cash register operations / cash handling for high volume admissions desk, gift shop, and cafe sales. Must be able to accurately balance cash register sales.
- Opening and closing procedures for effective and accurate front desk and cafe operations
- Daily cleaning, upkeep and stocking of gift shop, café and lobby areas
- Membership application processing and check- in
- Maintain clean and safe environment
- Communicate with guests ensuring customer service issues are effectively addressed
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and the ability to quickly learn our retail and ticketing programs
Applicant must have exceptional customer service and communication skills, friendly, helpful, enthusiastic and able to work well with a motivated team. Requires a minimum ONE year of customer service and retail cash handling/cash register experience preferred. Physical requirements: lifting up to 50 lbs. Bilingual is preferred.
Please send resumes and cover letter to Bonnie Bosworth, Office Manager: (fax) 303-433-9520 or (email) firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.