Guest Services Associate
Open: May 16, 2013
Close: Open until filled
FLSA Status: Non exempt, part time, 20 hours a week
Schedule: Available to work a alternating schedule Sunday thru Saturday. Most days work a 4-hour shift (flexibility to work more hours, when needed). Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Salary: $9.00 Hour
The Children’s Museum of Denver has an opening for a part time Guest Services Associate to help ensure a positive experience for all members and guests of the Museum.
Job responsibilities include:
- Heavy cash register operations / cash handling for high volume admissions desk, gift shop, and cafe sales. Must be able to accurately balance cash register sales.
- Opening and closing procedures for effective and accurate front desk and cafe operations
- Daily cleaning, upkeep and stocking of gift shop, café and lobby areas
- Membership application processing and check-in
- Maintain clean and safe environment
- Communicate with guests ensuring customer service issues are effectively addressed
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and the ability to quickly learn our retail and ticketing programs
Applicant must have exceptional customer service and communication skills, friendly, helpful, enthusiastic and able to work well with a motivated team. Requires a minimum ONE year of customer service and retail cash handling/cash register experience preferred. Physical requirements: lifting up to 50 lbs. Bilingual is preferred.
Please send resumes and cover letter to Bonnie Bosworth, Office Manager: (fax) 303-433-9520 or (email) email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Children’s Museum of Denver has an opening for a full-time Staff Accountant. Responsibilities include ensuring complete, timely and accurate reporting of the Museum’s accounting activities, including accounts payable transactions and payroll processing. Write up of general ledger entries, special projects as needed and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years relevant experience required. Must have hands-on accounting experience; demonstrated knowledge of computer skills using accounting software (Blackbaud Financial Edge preferred), Excel and Word. Experience in a non-profit and with Scientific and Cultural Facilities District a plus. Ability to work in a team environment and the ability to handle projects independently when required. Must be detail-oriented and dependable with ability to work in fast-paced environment.
Competitive salary and benefits package. The Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is a stimulating and team-oriented environment. The Museum is committed to diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements by close of business April 19, 2013. Submission for this process has been extended. Attn: Human Resources, Children's Museum of Denver, 2121 Children’s Museum Dr., Denver, CO 80211 – (fax) 303-433-9520 or (e-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Education Internship Opportunities Summer 2013
- 10-20 hours per week, variable schedule depending upon projects and availability
- Minimum 8-week commitment required
- Opportunities to work with enthusiastic educators and assist with museum programs
- Ability to increase experience with experiential education and early childhood development framework
- Duration of internship is dependent on projects and schedule, and would be mutually agreed upon
- This internship is unpaid
The main function of summer interns is to provide support to the Education team on the Museum floor and in the Summer Experience, Just Add Water. Interns will interact with the public on a daily basis and reset exhibits to ensure positive experiences for our guests. Interns who show exceptional initiative and an extraordinary team spirit will be given the opportunity to develop and facilitate education programs, depending upon the needs of the team.
Potential Internship ProjectsSummer Experience Facilitation and Development
- Just Add Water is an outdoor exhibit offering experiential play with water
- Reset exhibit throughout the day; ensure elements are in working order
- Open and close Just Add Water (depending on schedule)
- Enhance the guest experiences through developmentally appropriate interactions
- Help maintain consumables and exhibit components in the Summer Experience.
- Develop drop-in programs for the Summer Experience aligned with our educational goals.
- Facilitate educational programs in our Summer Experience.
Volunteer Training, Planning, and Collaboration
- Train volunteers on Museum floor procedures such as resetting and guest interaction
- Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinator to schedule volunteers
- Serve as volunteer mentor and first-responder
- Develop activities for volunteers to facilitate in the museum
- Work with volunteers to facilitate activities in the museum
- Guest interactions
Please send resume and letter of interest to: Melanie Lewis, Educator at MelanieL@cmdenver.org. Please include available start and end date.