The mission of the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. The Children’s Museum has an opening for a part-time Guest Services Associate to help ensure a positive experience for all members and guests of the Museum.
Position: Guest Services Associate
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, Part-time 22 hours/week
Sunday, 9 am – 5:30 pm
Monday, 8 am – 2:30 pm
Tuesday, 12 – 4 pm
Wednesday, 4 – 8 pm
Thursday – Saturday, OFF
Occasional weekend, evening, holiday and additional hours will be required to meet business needs.
Rate: $11.00/hour – Non-negotiable
Open: May 3, 2017
Close: Open until position is filled
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Heavy cash register operations/cash handling for high volume admissions desk, Gift Shop, and Café sales. Must be able to accurately balance cash register sales
- Opening and closing procedures for effective and accurate front desk and Café operations
- Daily cleaning, upkeep and stocking of Gift Shop, Café and lobby areas
- Membership application processing and check- in
- Maintain clean and safe environment
- Communicate with guests ensuring customer service issues are effectively addressed
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and the ability to quickly learn our retail and ticketing programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a minimum ONE year of customer service
- Physical requirements: lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Retail cash handling/cash register experience preferred
- Bilingual is preferred.
Applicant must have exceptional customer service and communication skills, friendly, helpful, outgoing, enthusiastic and able to work well with a motivated team.
Please send resume, references and cover letter to:
Please title subject line “Guest Services Associate – 22 Hour Position.” No phone calls, please.
Be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to directly contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the position, however please check your inbox and junk mail for any correspondence. If you are a returning applicant, please note that cover letters must correspond with the position for which you are currently applying.
The Children’s Museum of Denver of Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.