The mission of the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. The Children’s Museum has an opening for a Museum Associate to deliver an exceptional guest experience by welcoming and interacting with guests in the public spaces of the Museum and maintaining clean and beautiful exhibits.
Position: Museum Associate
FLSA Status: Part-time, 16-20 hours/week
Schedule: Variable, at least one weekend shift per week required
Open: May 19, 2017
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Deliver an exceptional guest experience by welcoming and interacting with guests in the public spaces of the Museum
- Maintain clean and beautiful exhibits
- Facilitate Museum programs
- Support Education Department operations and programming initiatives
- Answer guest questions, perform light cleaning and re-organizing duties
- Assist with birthday parties, StoryTimes and other programs and events
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Energetic and flexible
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in completing tasks
- Friendly and approachable; must enjoy interacting with adults and children of all ages
- Ability to handle emergency situations with professionalism and competence
- Spanish speaking/bilingual preferred
- Experience working with children
- Experience in customer service and/or hospitality
- Must pass a Background Criminal Investigation check
- Abide by all Museum policies and procedures
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Speak and write fluently in English
- Ability to load and unload up to 50 lbs. stand for up to 6 hours
Please send resume, references and cover letter to:
Education Staffing and Training Manager
Please title subject line “Museum Associate” No phone calls, please.
Be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to directly contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the position, however please check your inbox and junk mail for any correspondence.
The Children’s Museum of Denver of Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.